HABC Level 2 International Award in Basic Life Support and the Safe Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
You come to us!
View open course dates & locations & book online
Welcome to First Aid Box (FAB training)
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is recommended for learners who wish to understand basic first aid in the workplace and who also have access to a defibrillator.
Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally. By the end of this module learners will be able to:
• Assess the scene for danger
• Assess a casualty’s level of consciousness
• Demonstrate how to open a casualty’s airway and check for breathing
• Demonstrate how to place an unresponsive casualty in the recovery position
Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally. By the end of this module learners will be able to:
• Recognise the need to commence Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
• Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on a manikin.
Know how to safely use an AED. By the end of this module learners will be able to:
• Identify safety considerations when using an automated external defibrillator
• List a difference in the procedure when using an automated external defibrillator on a child.
Be able to safely use an AED. By the end of this module learners will be able to:
• Demonstrate the correct placement of AED electrode pads on a manikin
• Follow AED voice prompts accurately
• Demonstrate the safe delivery of AED shock
• State the procedures if the casualty shows signs of life and starts to breathe normally
• Identify the information required when handing over the casualty to the emergency services.