HABC Level 2 International Award in Emergency First Aid, Defibrillation and CPR
You come to us!
View open course dates & locations & book online
This qualification has been developed specifically for those who wish to become an emergency first-aider and use a defibrillator.
This international qualification would be typically delivered to learners in one day.
Topics covered include basic emergency first aid, major bleed control, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the use of automated external defibrillators and managing a choking casualty.
Emergency first aid
• Describe the principles that underpin basic emergency first aid support
• Explain the circumstances under which resuscitation is performed
• Explain why early intervention is necessary
• Describe different types of cardiopulmonary arrest
• Demonstrate the DRABC emergency response
• Demonstrate the top-to-toe survey of an injury
• Demonstrate how to place a casualty in the recovery position
• Identify the risks when placing a casualty in the recovery position
• Conduct major bleed control on a casualty who has suffered bleeding
• Manage shock treatment for a casualty
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Demonstrate compression only resuscitation
• Demonstrate the use of resuscitation barrier devices
• Demonstrate how to manage a choking casualty
The Use of a defibrillator
• Describe the differences between using an AED on an adult and child
• Identify safety considerations when using an automated external defibrillator
• Demonstrate the correct placement of AED electrode pads on a manikin
• Follow AED voice prompts accurately
• Demonstrate how to combine the use of an automated external defibrillator with minimal interruptions in cardiopulmonary resuscitation using a manikin
• Demonstrate the safe delivery of AED shock
• State the procedures if the casualty shows signs of life and starts to breathe normally
• Identify the information required when handing over the casualty